“The man said to me, ‘Son of man, look carefully and listen closely and pay attention to everything I am going to show you…’” (Ezekiel 40:4)
I was going to post something else today, but it didn’t “feel” right for this time. Instead, here are a few thoughts that came to me while in prayer.
- I have received blessing upon blessing throughout my life, including life and love. I can’t claim a single one as being the result of my own efforts. Every one of these blessings has been because of GOD’s grace. This is truth.
- I want my eyes and ears to be open to every truth. I want to be able to perceive what is true from what is false, particularly the false which proclaims itself as truth, the darkness that masquerades as light.
- There is brokenness in the land that is here and there and everywhere. I see a massive going astray…each to his own way (Isaiah 53:6).
- Many of my brothers and sisters have exchanged their pilgrim tents for permanent settlements, having forgotten in their hearts that their true citizenship is in heaven (Colossians 3:1-3).
- I perceive a long standing, and now increasing, division among those called to be the living stones of a spiritual house (1 Peter 2:5), necessitating pleading cries for unity (John 17:11, 20-22). I pray they are being heard.
- I see many attaching themselves to people, systems and views that are based in other than GOD, while continuing to claim GOD.
- I see golden calves and lamps without much oil in the camp of the household of GOD (Exodus 32:4; Matthew 25:1-12).
- I see an attitude of entitlement to blessings and a blindness to the reality that GOD lifts up and destroys nations (Isaiah 40:15; Jeremiah 4:7).
- I see a seeking and grasping for hope behind the doors to empty rooms while ignoring GOD’s prescriptive, either because of ignorance or prideful insistence that we are able to cure our own ills (2 Chronicles 7:13-14; John 15:4-5).
- I see a remnant who are humbly and earnestly seeking GOD’s face and favor for the sake of themselves and others.
These are just a few of the things I am seeing. What are you seeing and hearing through your prayers?
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-2)
© Byron L. Hannon, 2020. All rights reserved to original text content unless otherwise noted.
Check out my Thoughts from Others page for some interesting, encouraging and challenging ideas.